Dismiss Notice
Welcome to
Pinewood Derby Online, a forum for questions and discussions about everyone's favorite gravity powered racers!
CLICK HERE to register as a member today for full access to the forum, it's fast, simple, and absolutely free!

So I caught this bug..

Discussion in 'General Pinewood Derby Discussion' started by Northstar, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Northstar

Northstar Bent Axle

And it seems like I may have found a support group.

Last year we threw together a car that was not very good but won a trophy for my little wolf. He was stoked obviously. Didn't get to attend the race because of illness in the family.

This year, because of how excited he was we built a car with a bit more thought. Signed up at the senior center to use the wood shop (not a senior) and took it to the pack race.

At the pack race a very strange thing happened. Watching it live was amazing. We had 70 racers in the pack race and ended up second overall. Won another couple of trophy's and on to districts.

Well. Apparently our district, while apart of the Northstar council was underprepared and was dusted by another at a joint multi district race a month or so ago. This has not gone over well. We won another couple of trophies, but we were educated as to how un-fast we actually were.

I now have a 32' freedom track sitting in my basement and a FedEx truck filled with parts, tools and silver bullets on the way.

I am beginning to learn some of the things that we are obviously lacking from diving head first into the information in this forum and am grateful to have found it. Looking forward to hopefully not embarrassing ourselves at what I have seen called the "Nuclear Arms Race" that is the Northstar Council Championships 6/1.

Oh and I hear there are proxy races...?

2. TRE

TRE PWD Royalty Pro Racer Pro Race Winner

Thats probably the most competitive council in the country

Northstar likes this.
  3. Jimmy & his 2 Kids

Jimmy & his 2 Kids League Racer

You think you like PWD now? Wait till you send one in and race pro. The addiction is real dude. You’ve been warned... :cool:
    deja vue... feel like I just said that to someone lol

Chief and Northstar like this.
  4. Chief

Chief PWD Royalty

You have no idea!!! Welcome to the family!

Charles Studer likes this.
  5. Cubscout Dad

Cubscout Dad District Champion

I take 1st or 2nd every year at the Northern star race in June. I live just north of you in Blaine. I would love to help you get fast in trade can I bring a car down to tune on your track?

Northstar likes this.
  6. Northstar

Northstar Bent Axle

Thanks for reaching out! I have sent a message to you privately with my e-mail address. If you cannot find it let me kow through this thread and I will find another way.

7. HurriCrane Racing

HurriCrane Racing PWD Royalty Pro Racer 25+ Pro Race Wins! National Champion

Sounds to me like you need a new challenge.

8. Cubscout Dad

Right, I think I just got lucky and my son is a little younger then lighting Boy's son. LOL

Jimmy & his 2 Kids likes this.
  9. Cubscout Dad

Just PM me here, I did not get any email or anything from you.

10. Northstar

Northstar Bent Axle

Check your profile posts. Couldn't find a PM option.