Dismiss Notice
Welcome to
Pinewood Derby Online, a forum for questions and discussions about everyone's favorite gravity powered racers!
CLICK HERE to register as a member today for full access to the forum, it's fast, simple, and absolutely free!

New Items Silver Bullet PRO Batch 3!

Discussion in 'Classified Section for Pinewood Derby Products' started by DerbyDad4Hire, Jun 13, 2016.

1. DerbyDad4Hire

DerbyDad4Hire Administrator Staff Member 25+ Pro Race Wins! National Champion

The demand is still coming in so I have another batch running! I love mine more every day.

2. Cramjet

Cramjet League Racer Pro Racer

I was fighting the urge. But, I got my name on one of them. What pushed me over the edge was the fact that, after I would finally get a perfect drill, I would route the weight pockets and find I was misaligned.

It's frustrating to go through the effort of routing the weight pockets only to then miss by a hair on my drill. It moved the worst with basswood. This gives me the peace of mind of knowing my drill will be on after going through the effort.

Maybe being off by a hair doesn't kill you. With no access to a track, I don't know. But those "what ifs" can really mess with your head when you lose by a thousandth or two.

3. Kinser Racing

Kinser Racing ********************* 25+ Pro Race Wins! National Champion

Route your weight pockets first.

4. Cramjet

Yeah, that's my new standard procedure, and a major factor in why it would be nice to have a drill jig like this. My odds of being off by a sliver when I hold it up to the light are still about 80%.

So now I have the weight pockets routed, and there is an 80% chance I am going to miss? I don't feel good about it.

Pencil marks and laser crosshairs just aren't accurate enough to get those two rears straight across from one another. The block is great for making sure they are parallel and at the same height at least, but not straight across.

5. BulldogRacing

BulldogRacing PWD Royalty 5+ Pro Race Wins! Pro Racer

I think you'll love it!

6. Cramjet

Well Bulldog, I liked your video. I want to do one of my own. Not to say yours was lacking anything, but more along the lines of how a newer builder like me, with a very low budget operation, can still get perfect drills.

MiRVer2 likes this.
  7. Cramjet

This, along with my bearings and razor wheels, is something which I feel brings me to a new level in this hobby. Man, I'm so excited, and will be like a kid on Christmas when that stuff shows up! Hurry up Jooooohn. I know. You can't make the guys at the machine shop crank them out any faster. But at least I think he is going to try to get the stuff to me before I need to send in for the next NPWDRL race.