Dismiss Notice
Welcome to
Pinewood Derby Online, a forum for questions and discussions about everyone's favorite gravity powered racers!
CLICK HERE to register as a member today for full access to the forum, it's fast, simple, and absolutely free!

New Items Silver Bullet PRO batch 2!

Discussion in 'Classified Section for Pinewood Derby Products' started by DerbyDad4Hire, May 24, 2016.

1. DerbyDad4Hire

DerbyDad4Hire Administrator Staff Member 25+ Pro Race Wins! National Champion

The demand has been overwhelming. I have another batch coming due on July 1st. With all the requests to reserve them I have placed them on the site for preorder. I am doing first come, first serve.

There will not be anymore available until late fall after these are gone.

I will say this, seeing how this tool works I would have paid $500 for it when I was competing regularly. I have yet to see a drill that is off. It is eliminating rear alignment issues due to to bad drills.

Get yours reserved now!

www.derbydad4hire.com

[​IMG]

2. Dugan

Dugan Lurking

When would I be billed? When it ships or when the preorder is placed.

3. Kinser Racing

Kinser Racing ********************* 25+ Pro Race Wins! National Champion

Anytime I've ever preordered anything, I get charged immediately. I would imagine that is the case.

4. txchemist

txchemist National Contender

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  5. DerbyDad4Hire

That is correct. You can however wait until they come in and see if I have any left. This time of year I cannot place a large order. Half of the 2nd batch is already gone.

6. aircooled

aircooled National Contender

I have a question about the Silver Bullet PRO. Any idea on how long the bushings will last or if they can be replaced when needed?

7. DerbyDad4Hire

I am thinking they should give a ton of drills. I will wear mine out first I am sure and I will let you know. I am not sure how hard it would be to remove the bushing. I only have one in house and I am not going to mess it up trying. I will call the machine shop and see what they say.

8. DerbyDad4Hire

Only a few left! Don't miss out on these!

9. Cramjet

Cramjet League Racer Pro Racer

Because this could happen to you!

This was obviously NOT drilled with the Silver Bullet Pro.

That would have been a fast BASX car except the non dominant (my cars are right handed) side was drilled behind the other one with a gap big enough for a credit card. Surprisingly, it barely wiggled enough to notice, but it was SLOW. I think it averaged 2.991.

Screwing up like that is not an easy thing to admit, but we are all about learning here.

To be fair, it was one of my first blanks I drilled, and I have refined my technique, but I am still throwing away a lot of blanks.

[​IMG]

10. GoBigRed

GoBigRed Hammering Axles

Are there any left from the 2nd batch?

11. DerbyDad4Hire

I will have to check but I think there are 2 or 3 left.

12. DerbyDad4Hire

Batch 2 is all gone!