Dismiss Notice
Welcome to
Pinewood Derby Online, a forum for questions and discussions about everyone's favorite gravity powered racers!
CLICK HERE to register as a member today for full access to the forum, it's fast, simple, and absolutely free!

Planning for last year in Cub Scouts

Discussion in 'General Pinewood Derby Discussion' started by Andrew Winz, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Andrew Winz

Andrew Winz Pinewood Ninja

This upcoming school year my son will be AOL, my daughter is but 21 months and my nephew is about 3 weeks, so there will be a bit of a gap in races (if daughter chooses scouts even). We are thinking of going out with a bang. For his car: ladder or hollow body, vinyl wrap, better wheel prep this go around. Hopefully they will change the rules to allow for 3 wheels rather than 4 on floor.

For our packs outlaw/sibling race thinking of two cars: 1 that would be equivalent to a stock pro/street stock to show the kids just how fast a car can go and the other being a slow a rocks: no prep, fins and wings, minimal weight to finish.

Any thoughts on the bare minimum weight for a car to cross the line? I want this car to lose to even my wife car from when she did a powderpuff derby from 30 years ago.

2. Chief

Chief PWD Royalty

Zeevzob built the best slowest car it had a sail that popped up on the ramp and as it slowed down the sail would drop and it barely crossed the finish line the time was 9.9999

Andrew Winz likes this.
  3. derby freak

derby freak National Contender

hahahahaha I got him beat and don't even have a sail.....:cool: