Dismiss Notice
Welcome to
Pinewood Derby Online, a forum for questions and discussions about everyone's favorite gravity powered racers!
CLICK HERE to register as a member today for full access to the forum, it's fast, simple, and absolutely free!

Place for my 42ft Best Track

Discussion in 'General Pinewood Derby Discussion' started by Scott Weaver, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Scott Weaver

Scott Weaver Lurking

I have a 42ft Best Track that I would like to keep up year around so I can use it for testing but unfortunately I do not have the space for that in my home. I do however have a 48ft Tractor Trailer with a wood floor and is water tight. I will be putting in a 2 vents and 2 solar fans to vent hot air out and keep the air circulating. I will also be running power to it so I can plug timer up and anything else that I may need (use it as my workshop area for cars and testing). Does this seem like it would be ok to do? Thanks in advance for all input.

S Ham, Charles Studer and ljo like this.
  2. ljo

ljo District Champion

I think it's a great idea.

3. Jimmy & his 2 Kids

Jimmy & his 2 Kids National Contender

Honestly I don’t think it’s a good idea and will probably lead to messing up your track and cars. It probably needs a new location. Best place... somewhere on my property within walking distance from my house. Just leave me the key to the trailer. I’ll let you in whenever you need. :D

4. Jupiter 2.9

Jupiter 2.9 District Champion Pro Racer

I thought about the same thing,
    level it just like an RV
    AC unit $125, you need to keep the humidity out of your stuff.

5. ljo

ljo District Champion

Next level idea: an old school bus or motorhome with a track set up inside. You could just drive it to a buddies house when your wife has had enough of your PWD shenanigans.

Jimmy & his 2 Kids likes this.
  6. Charles Studer

Charles Studer League Racer Pro Racer

just may work......real nice

7. TexasTaxi

TexasTaxi Pinewood Ninja

I keep mine set up inside the garage area of my shop. It's an insulated metal building, but it still gets warm in there. Since the track is aluminum, heat and/or humidity shouldn't have any effect on it. I don't see why a trailer would be any different.

Charles Studer likes this.