Dismiss Notice
Welcome to
Pinewood Derby Online, a forum for questions and discussions about everyone's favorite gravity powered racers!
CLICK HERE to register as a member today for full access to the forum, it's fast, simple, and absolutely free!

Mid America results

Discussion in 'General Pinewood Derby Discussion' started by Dldoug, May 2, 2019.

1. Dldoug

Dldoug Pinewood Ninja

Well looking over the mid America results for scouts graphite and my son came in 20th overall right under “the Fonze’s son”. I feel pretty good about that. Congrats to all those fast cars. We are first timers so I feel great. I still have a lot to learn to get my sons car fast enough to be in the finals.

"The Fonze" likes this.
  2. "The Fonze"

"The Fonze" District Champion Pro Racer

Congrats again. You did very well! My son and I had a hard time settling his car down before we left to Nationals, it was wiggling pretty good but it was laying down it’s fastest times, or so I thought. On Sunday after we got home My son and I spent another 20 minutes on his car and we were able to settle it down .... and it picked up .02xx ... Oh well. I’m glad that’s our last Graphite car. It’s on to the NSC race on June 1st!

Dldoug likes this.
  3. Dldoug

Dldoug Pinewood Ninja

We need to see how to get more speed out of it for next year. Those cars were impressive. When at least the top 20 cars are separated by .02 seconds give or take that is a close and very strong group. Eye opening. It was are first time under the 3.0 so I take that as a win. Baby steps lol

4. "The Fonze"

"The Fonze" District Champion Pro Racer

The only way to get faster is to build more cars. Send into the Northern Star Council Race on June 1st. It’s one of if not the best scout race and it’s open to everyone. There is also an adult division. You should also send into one of the leagues. Regarding your times... to give you a reference if you plan on sending into APR or NPWDRL... MA’s track was about .03 faster then those tracks and a good ‘standard’ 42’ long track with a 27.1 degree hill.

Skywalker Racing and Dldoug like this.
  5. Dldoug

Dldoug Pinewood Ninja

Good idea, how much time do you cut going with oil usually?

6. TRE

TRE PWD Royalty Pro Racer Pro Race Winner

2 to 3 hundreds