Dismiss Notice
Welcome to
Pinewood Derby Online, a forum for questions and discussions about everyone's favorite gravity powered racers!
CLICK HERE to register as a member today for full access to the forum, it's fast, simple, and absolutely free!

Is this body too light??

Discussion in 'Ask The Pros' started by blkhunter01, May 3, 2020.

1. Charles Studer

Charles Studer League Racer Pro Racer

Jeeze Jimmy. . gravity car, straight track, bo down gusts.......and that 217 mph is actually an adjustment. Guessing the gran prix cars had less than 15 grams on the dominant front. See you at the bottom of the hill

Jimmy & his 2 Kids likes this.
  2. ratrodsrule1

ratrodsrule1 National Contender

Mr Jimmy did you ever test the undercut nose and were there any positive or negative findings ?

3. Jimmy & his 2 Kids

Jimmy & his 2 Kids National Contender

Nope. No need to. Since I only race on league tracks that are well maintained there is no benefit lightening up that front.
    I would have to venture to guess.... I bet no fast pro cars have that front shape. I could be wrong though.

ratrodsrule1 likes this.
  4. ljo

ljo District Champion

I think it may act like an airplane wing and give the car a bit of a lift. I keep a flat bottom. Maybe a pro will chime in with their thoughts.

Charles Studer and ratrodsrule1 like this.
  5. Jimmy & his 2 Kids

Jimmy & his 2 Kids National Contender

Check through the earlier posts in this thread. That’s what we were already talking about. My thoughts about lift were the same as yours. It may be beneficial on a really rough track but on the well maintained league tracks it’s not necessary.