Dismiss Notice
Welcome to
Pinewood Derby Online, a forum for questions and discussions about everyone's favorite gravity powered racers!
CLICK HERE to register as a member today for full access to the forum, it's fast, simple, and absolutely free!

How do you get started?

Discussion in 'General Pinewood Derby Discussion' started by Don Pott, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Don Pott

Don Pott Lurking

I recently helped a friend make a car and got the Bug. How do you start racing? Do you need a test track?
    I read about the test boards. I have the Drilling jigs.

Thanks

2. HurriCrane Racing

HurriCrane Racing PWD Royalty Pro Racer 25+ Pro Race Wins! National Champion

Start with the basx class. Easiest build and the most competition. A drill jig is a great tool to have.

Good luck and I hope you’ll take on the challenge of league racing.

3. Chief

Chief PWD Royalty

+1
    And, Let me be the first one to tell you to not worry about how anyone will handle your cars except USPS!!! Please purchase a box from one of the vendors, its like 5 bucks...Cheapest insurance you can buy for your car!! Watch the video on how to make the car box if you havent already. Search your way around the forum and ask questions. It truly is a lot of fun and lastly, whatever you do, do not get discouraged!!! Just keep enjoying it and getting better and faster. Welcome to the addiction...hahaha

4. Charles Studer

Charles Studer Workshop Leader Pro Racer

Welcome. Have fun.