Dismiss Notice
Welcome to
Pinewood Derby Online, a forum for questions and discussions about everyone's favorite gravity powered racers!
CLICK HERE to register as a member today for full access to the forum, it's fast, simple, and absolutely free!

cleaning graphite off car

Discussion in 'General Pinewood Derby Discussion' started by dan s, Jul 2, 2019.

1. dan s

dan s Pack Champion

I recently competed in a race, while at the event I re-applied graphite to the wheel hubs. Much to my surprise the graphite got all over our white painted car. If this happens to you do not use WD40 like several people recommend. It will wreck your paint job. The solution is way more simple. Take a soft tissue and rub it on a wet bar of soap lightly. Then use that tissue to gently wipe off the excess graphite, works perfectly. More important does not wreck your paint job nor does it leave your car smelling like WD40 just before you check your car into inspection. Take care and race on!

Jimmy & his 2 Kids likes this.
  2. TRE

TRE PWD Royalty Pro Racer Pro Race Winner

Baby oil works

3. SuperFastRacing

SuperFastRacing Pinewood Ninja

I heard WD-40 works good.

4. electric sheep

electric sheep Hammering Axles

Blue Dawn works well. Just a dab mixed with water on a paper towel will clean graphite without burning off paint, like anything alcohol- based might do.

5. Mojo Racing

Mojo Racing National Contender Pro Racer

mr clean magic eraser. Cleans your treads and your car body