Dismiss Notice
Welcome to
Pinewood Derby Online, a forum for questions and discussions about everyone's favorite gravity powered racers!
CLICK HERE to register as a member today for full access to the forum, it's fast, simple, and absolutely free!

Billy's Red Neck Plea For Help....Need Some New AWANA Tricked Out Wheels And Axles

Discussion in 'General Pinewood Derby Discussion' started by ratrodsrule1, Mar 20, 2020.

1. ratrodsrule1

ratrodsrule1 League Racer

ANYBODY SELL 'EM.........Thanks.......RRR

2. Jimmy & his 2 Kids

Jimmy & his 2 Kids National Contender

Ya know, I actually saw machined speed wheels for Awana on eBay if I’m not mistaken. But from vendors not known. Cutting those wheels is not easy.
    I have been fine just cleaning, polishing and prepping my own bores. For our local Awana GP that was good enough to dominate.
    Axles I just do myself as well. Cone the head out to cut down contact with hub then use Johns axle kit which is 1000 to 5000 grit then his axle polish. By the time I’m done both axle shaft and underside head are mirror finish and again, for local Awana level racing dominated just fine.
    If you do order from a vendor let me know how they do.
    A pro friend of mine cut mine for me last year. They worked great but are a fair amount of work and quite the hassle. Some pros know how to do it but the hassle explains why leagues don’t run the Awana class.

ratrodsrule1 likes this.
  3. ratrodsrule1

Thanks J&2K........Never done anything except AWANA, this is all new. Found a race allowing the AWANA package. Tying to get all the extra .001's possible, the world isn't flat anymore......LOL LOL.......good luck......RRR

Will try to remember to let you know !!

Jimmy & his 2 Kids likes this.
  4. ratrodsrule1

Just used something I've never used on my computer, left a reminder to let you know...LOL.......RRR

5. Jimmy & his 2 Kids

Jimmy & his 2 Kids National Contender

Curious to see how others do in an Awana class. APR this year is doing a limited run of the class. Just a couple months and then again in June at the finals. Too bad we were supposed to run tomorrow but due to the great plague of 2020 it is cancelled.

ratrodsrule1 likes this.
  6. ratrodsrule1

Yes Sir, the Kung Fu Flu has put some mojo on us for sure. This is a whole new deal for myself and Granddaughter that just aged out of AWANA.......We set an all time new track record in February on a 42' best track in its 10th year of use. May be steeping into the Lions Den, but you never know how you look until to get your picture took. Got my reminder set to let you know..LOL