Dismiss Notice
Welcome to
Pinewood Derby Online, a forum for questions and discussions about everyone's favorite gravity powered racers!
CLICK HERE to register as a member today for full access to the forum, it's fast, simple, and absolutely free!

Any advise?

Discussion in 'Ask The Pros' started by AceMontana, Apr 10, 2019.

1. AceMontana

AceMontana District Champion Pro Racer

Ok guys heres the rundown.... 1 of my two scouts will be advancing past districts. His current car is the fastest one weve ever built to date but finished third at regionals .002 behind first place with an accumlitive three run time so it was VERY close....his car has a tight 1/2" cog ....and a seemingly terminal case of the wiggles just after the transition. His next race is not till june so we have some time to work it out....his rears were drilled at 3 degrees straight axles with .01 gap , 5 3/4" of drift over 4' lathed wheels with black iced bores ...I'm in that spot where I hate to lose what weve got but cars are only getting faster with each race and theres obviously more speed to be had cuz ya know...we werent first ;)

2. Reecedad

Reecedad Council Champion

Roll a cube forward and see if that eliminates the wiggles. If not then roll another and if that doesn't work reprep your wheels or add steer

Charles Studer likes this.
  3. Mojo Racing

Mojo Racing National Contender Pro Racer

+1

Sound advice!

4. AceMontana

AceMontana District Champion Pro Racer

Thanks guys...I'll give it a try

Reecedad likes this.