Dismiss Notice
Welcome to
Pinewood Derby Online, a forum for questions and discussions about everyone's favorite gravity powered racers!
CLICK HERE to register as a member today for full access to the forum, it's fast, simple, and absolutely free!

New Items ALL NEW DYNASTY 92TX AXLES!

Discussion in 'Classified Section for Pinewood Derby Products' started by DerbyDad4Hire, Mar 1, 2016.

1. DerbyDad4Hire

DerbyDad4Hire Administrator Staff Member 25+ Pro Race Wins! National Champion

I have been racing and selling for a long time and these are hands down the best axles I have ever seen/used. They are smooth and fast and VERY EASY to polish.

2. BulldogRacing

BulldogRacing PWD Royalty 5+ Pro Race Wins! Pro Racer

All of my cars run them, and I switched from the 93's and found instant speed with old cars! Thank you for these axles!

3. ngyoung

ngyoung PWD Royalty

Now another question i have...Would it be better to leave the double step to keep that little bit of weight near the center of the wheel and be able to shave a little more off the inside the the perimeter? Or is having the coned outer hub make a bigger impact?

I know for all my retired wheels it was that edge of the cone that was the most fragile and showed signs of wear or got dented.

4. txchemist

txchemist National Contender

Now you see the beauty of it.
    Runs best with small flat surface against another flat surface ( only about 4 mills overlap) - way less wear and wheel is stable for many more races and bingo- you can reduce the moment of inertia for a way faster wheel if you cut wheels for this axle leaving the step and reducing the rim- over time- all wheels will find a way to run faster with this axle.

5. TWarwick07

TWarwick07 Council Champion

Have a question about these axles. Got a set of them before mid america and wanted to know what needs to be done before using them.

Are they ready to race out of the bag ?
    Do they only need slight polishing ( if so what grit ) ?
    Can they be bent for the DFW and where should i notch the axle ?

was thinking about making an amateur BASX car

Any shared wisdom would be appreciated

6. B_Regal Racing

B_Regal Racing PWD Royalty Pro Racer