Dismiss Notice
Welcome to
Pinewood Derby Online, a forum for questions and discussions about everyone's favorite gravity powered racers!
CLICK HERE to register as a member today for full access to the forum, it's fast, simple, and absolutely free!

New Items 3D Printed Bodies now available

Discussion in 'Classified Section for Pinewood Derby Products' started by "The Fonze", Nov 16, 2018.

1. "The Fonze"

"The Fonze" District Champion Pro Racer

After several years of testing and research I am now offering 3D printed body styles for sale. Car bodies come with near perfect drill every time! If you have axles and wheels prepped you can build a complete car in minutes, just push in the axles and wheels. Price is $60 per body and that includes shipping to anywhere in the US. Custom bodies and wheelbases can also be produced. PM if you are interested or if you have any questions.

BASX Total Body Taper _ 4.75" Wheelbase _ Complete car body, no additional skin required. Add pinstripes if you like [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BASX Ladder Body _ 4.75" Wheelbase_ Add skins or ply as desired

[​IMG]

FWU Total Body Taper _ 4.5" Wheelbase _ Complete car body, no additional skin required.

[​IMG]

Unlimited Heavy Hitter Ladder Body _ Add skins or ply as desired _ Designed for Heavy Hitter Weight to drop in

[​IMG]

2. derbydentist

derbydentist Council Champion Pro Racer

Hey Fonze! or Mr. Fonze, sorry, Mr. The Fonze - there we go. Ive always wanted to ask you what the material is that you use and how does the material do with pushing the axles in and tightness and all that? Is it pretty much the same as working with wood and you can widen the axle holes with a bit and hand vice or pushing a spare axle in and out? Haven't ever seen anything be 3D printed before so very curious about the material and rigidity etc... thanks

3. "The Fonze"

Hey DerbyDentist thanks for your interest. You can just call me Fonze lol. The material is PLA (poly latic acid) probably something we are going to find out one day is really bad for us.

Regarding the axle holes they won’t shrink but they can loosen up so a touch of wood glue works well. These bodies are strong, rigid, and light and the best part is you’ll have a good drill everytime.

Hurricrane ran a 3D Printed body at the last Rocky Mountain Derby. He made the finals with it!

Best,
    Fonze

4. derbydentist

derbydentist Council Champion Pro Racer

FONZE- sorry for the slow response - was camping this weekend.
    Thanks for answering my questions- I like the sound of a perfect drill everytime. Hurricrane could make finals with a piece of cardboard so that doesn't surprise me haha! I have a bunch of wood bodies already cut and ready to rock so I may have to get through all those before I try one of these. Definitely look cool though. Thanks again

5. "The Fonze"

Sounds good man and best of luck on the Hill!

6. "The Fonze"

New price $30 per body